Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, And that seek him with the whole heart.
Psalm 119:2 (KJV).
In observing the activities of man, there is an amazing uniqueness about our behavioral pattern, and this is that we as human beings could be very disciplined in the way we do things, and this is indeed a fact because we are creatures of habit.
To elaborate more on the point made in the paragraph above, we will agree that more often than not, we do the same kind of chores day in day out, such as, waking up at a particular time, getting dressed for work in a particular way, make our tea or coffee each morning the particular way we like it, go to work at a particular time, come home at a set time ….. by now we can guess what comes next and fill in the blanks.
This is not a bad thing, this is how we have been wired. As human beings, we feel comfortable and secure when we carve out for ourselves a routine lifestyle, and as mentioned earlier, a lot of us are quite diligent at caring out these daily activities.
However, in doing all this, it would be a pity if we do not add to our habitual routine or regiment a pattern of behavior that will accrue to us eternal dividend and reward. Sadly enough, a good number of us leave God out of our daily habitual routines. We do not seek Him as we should, we only remember God when there is a crisis.
Our Bible verse for today gives us reasons why seeking GOD daily is of vital importance. The following are just a few of these reasons.
When we form a habit of seeking God diligently, by studying His Word and prayer daily, He will:
1. Be found of us. (Jeremiah 29:11-13). As we draw near to Him in daily devotions He will, in turn, draw near to us.
2. Our actions will bring us into an intimate relationship with God. Our Father God seeks intimacy with us His children.
3. We would get to know God’s heart, His ways, and will. Our God is a good God who wants to reveal all that He is to us.
4. We will receive the protection, guidance, leading, and direction of God by having our perceptions tuned to the Holy Spirit.
5. Ultimately, we will be blessed, because He has promised that those who diligently seek Him will be blessed spiritually, physically, financially, and otherwise.
Seeking GOD should be a habit of discipline, this is because every other aspect of life, our successes, aspirations, and goals can only be achieved if we bring GOD into the equation. Without any doubt, this kind of routine lifestyle yields a Good Reward!
Ebimobo W. Obasi
PLEASE PRAY ALONG:
A Desire to Seek God
FATHER GOD, Your instructions are pleasant because they draw me closer to You. Your commands are good because You want what’s best for me. Please help me understand the rewards and gains for diligently cultivating a routine lifestyle of seeking you out daily. If I ever get tired of obeying You, please remind me of this and show me the joy that is found in Your presence. Fill me with a deep desire to seek You, LORD. In JESUS MIGHTY NAME AMEN.