Why art thou cast down, O my soul? And why art thou disquieted within me? Hope thou in God; For I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God. Psalm 42:11 (KJV).
We may indeed go through seasons of pain, fear, despair, and so forth. In such circumstances what should be our reaction or line of action?
Certainly, there may be various options out there for us to adopt. Some people may succumb to the situation and fall deeper into sorrow and depression. Others may try to live in denial of the situation, sweep whatever the problem is under the carpet and pretend it is not there.
Again many more may acknowledge the fact of the problem and seek out solutions or help that are purely dependent on man. Yet a good number may sincerely and fervently seek out GOD amid such uncertainties.
All the options mentioned except for the last one which has to do with seeking God fall short of solving our problems. Our Bible verse for today resonates with the last option. It not only encourages us to come to God for the solution to the problem we are facing, but it gives us suggestions, methods, and techniques on how, and what to do to resolve the issue quickly and be victorious.
The following are notable suggestions presented for tackling such problems of despair proffered in this Bible verse:
1. It is okay to acknowledge that there is a problem, however, do not succumb to it.
2. Choose the words you use while describing the situation, let them be words of hope, not despair.
3. Be transparent and open about the situation with God in prayer.
4. Resort to the word of God and allow God to speak to you through His Word and by the Holy Spirit.
5. Begin to practice speaking the Word of God into the situation.
6. Obey any instructions the Lord is asking for you to carry out.
7. Praise and worship the LORD amid the problem by remembering past victories and testimonies God accomplished for you. Revelations 12:11.
8. Believe and trust that God is not only able to get you out of the situation but that He has already done it, why? Because His Word says so.
When we find ourselves in trouble and hardship, our first resort should be to go to God, believing and trusting in His ability to solve the problem, to deliver, and bring us out victorious.
Ebimobo W. Obasi
PLEASE PRAY ALONG:
Hope In the Lord
FATHER GOD, You care deeply about me. You want me to stay close to You because Your presence brings joy and abundant life! Today, please align my heart with Yours and remind me of Your goodness and faithfulness. When I feel alone or discouraged, please give me the strength to look up and praise You. No matter what I face, I will choose to place my hope in You. In JESUS MIGHTY NAME AMEN.