O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good; for his mercy endureth forever. 1 Chronicles 16:34 (KJV).
Have you noticed that the act or expression of giving thanks or showing true gratitude is slowly ebbing from our societal values? Rather there is a gradual replacement of a new culture, the entitlement mentality which people are slowly imbibing.
This sort of thinking is a very unhealthy attitude and it breeds bad behavior. It is a lifestyle of taking, grabbing, selfishness, self – centeredness, hoarding, possessing, and in its wake comes cruelty, unkindness, and wickedness. This kind of behavior breaks down good societal values and erodes from us our true essence as human beings for which we were created to be.
Thanksgiving or true gratitude on the other hand is the epitome of sacrificial giving, and sacrificial giving is what the world lacks today. So why must we give thanks or be grateful? The following are some reasons:
1. Thanksgiving acknowledges God for who He is, He is not just a good God, but He is goodness itself, and all that it represents, which would be His love, kindness, mercy, compassion, etc. All these sum up His nature, and it is from His nature as a good God He created the world, went to the cross to die for our sins, and continues to fulfill His words of promises in our lives.
2. Thanksgiving gives us access to the presence of God and brings us into an intimate relationship with Him.
3. Thanksgiving gives us as humans the grace and opportunity to imbibe the true nature of God –His goodness, love, kindness, and compassion, as well as express these traits towards each other.
4. It constantly and steadfastly sets us on a pathway of prosperity, increase, positive developments, and progress.
5. It gives us a sure foundation for reaping eternal rewards.
When we key into the attitude of Thanksgiving and gratitude, we unlock the realms of the riches of God’s goodness, love, and Mercies. Therefore, give thanks to God today for He is good, and His love and Mercies endures and lasts forever.
Ebimobo W. Obasi
PLEASE PRAY ALONG:
God’s Love Endures
FATHER GOD, you are good! Your love endures forever! Nothing can compare to who You are or what You’ve done! I will praise and thank You because You have saved me, blessed me, and transformed me. I am so grateful that I am Yours and that Your love endures forever. Today and every day, be glorified through my life! In JESUS MIGHTY NAME AMEN.