Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
Matthew 7:7 (KJV).
What a joy it is to receive something good, especially when it is something, we have longed for or wished for a long time. In such situations, the recipient always shows gratitude towards the one who gives, and a fond relationship is struck between both parties.
Our Bible verse for today accentuates this whole aspect of receiving but adds to it a more elaborate and informed approach or process to it, one which will provide exhilarating results, especially, as it relates to God our Heavenly Father and us His Children.
As indicated earlier, every one of us loves to receive something good, and we would like to have this experience all the time. So, how can we achieve this? What methods can we utilize to accomplish this purpose? Our Bible verse gives us specific keys. They are very simple everyday keys, but in most cases, we don’t use them often or tend not to know how, when, and why we must apply such.
These keys are as follows – ‘ASK,’ ‘SEEK,’ ‘KNOCK.’ A threefold relational approach to obtaining answers through our prayer communication with God. They are Heaven’s protocols, technics, and mechanics God has given to us to successfully navigate the different dimensions of prayer for achieving His purposes here on the earth.
At this point, it is important to note that if we have to effectively use these keys there are a few things we must be aware of with regards to Father God’s heart with the keys mentioned above, and these are as follows.
1. We must be aware that God our Father seeks an intimate relationship with us through His Son Jesus.
2. In this relationship, He is eager to express His love and goodness towards us, therefore, He makes Himself so available and approachable to us. He desires that we come to Him willingly, without any restraints to ask, knock and seek solutions and to get help for every situation through our daily communications in prayer with Him.
3. There is no restraint with God to the extent, the frequency for which we come to Him and apply these keys before Him in prayer. With God, no question is a stupid question if it is sincere, heartfelt, genuine willingness and humility to want to know and learn from God about the situation.
4. When we come to God applying these keys, we must come expectant, ready to hear and receive from Him by faith. This will require patience and wait time on our part. It is not that God cannot answer or speak immediately, but there could be other factors God has to deal with on our behalf to get the information we need to us.
5. We should employ a good degree of watchfulness. Being watchful would require our ability to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit to direct our focus to possible ways God may be using around us to speak, answer or inform us.
6. Finally God wishes to use these methods of receiving to nurture and build our character through the principles of faith, so that we can be effective in our walk with Him, to be worthy stewards of His calling and a blessing to mankind.
When we understand that we have a good and loving Heavenly Father who is open and available to us at all times no matter how we feel, or what the situation looks to present, our ability to receive from Him will not be a difficult task to accomplish.
Ebimobo W. Obasi
PLEASE PRAY ALONG:
Ask, Seek, Knock
FATHER GOD, thank you for this opportunity you have given me to ask, knock and seek out your will for my life. I’m grateful that when I seek You, You promise to let me find You. Thank You for being my guide and constant help. I pray that every day, I will begin to know You more and more. In JESUS MIGHTY NAME AMEN.